the tru-fit club fitting experience
At Tru-Fit we are proud to provide performance-based custom club fitting. Our goal is to provide you with the best performing golf clubs to help you play the best you can.
At Tru-Fit we care about your golf game and crafting your custom fitted clubs.
This is what you can expect in our fitting process:
- First fill out and submit a player evaluation form (link here)
- Then we’ll book you for a free 30 minute evaluation
- During this free evaluation, we’ll measure the specs of your current clubs and learn about your game in order to determine how to help you reach your goals within your budget
- Once you've decided to go ahead with a fitting, we require a deposit of $75, paid through the Pro Shop prior to your fitting date. (Please let us know of date changes no less than 48 hours before your session)
- Prior to your fitting, please read the FAQ section, 12 Myth booklet and GolfWRX custom fitting articles by Tom Wishon (links here). This will acquaint you with fitting terminology thus making communication quicker and prioritizing your time for the fitting
- A 9-hole on-course evaluation may be needed depending on player skill level and goals (green fee not included)
- We’ll ask you to play 3 to 5 rounds of golf (green fees not included) to collect data for the category of clubs that will be fit (for mid-to-low handicap players). Data will be collected by scorecard (link here) or state-of-the-art Arccos Tracking System (deposit required).
- Please schedule at least 2hrs for the fitting
- Please arrive 10 mins early to warm up at the driving range. You can ask for a warm up ticket from the Pro Shop.
- Using our state-of-the-art FlightScope X3 launch monitor, we’ll gather baseline data with your current clubs and also track your club face impacts.
- Slow motion videos are taken and analysed to check your swing length, tempo, rhythm, release, club path and hand path. We’ll also take note of any swing characteristics that need to be addressed before a proper fitting.
- TPI body screens will be taken to find any body limitations and potential best setup posture that will influence the length and lie angle of the clubs.
- A grip fitting will be done to find the best fit grip by using different sizes of grips as well as different materials/texture. The correct grip will be used throughout our remaining fitting session.
- We’ll then test different combinations of shafts and heads to find the best length, total weight, shaft flex, shaft profile, balance point, loft, lie, face angle, swing weight/MOI so that the testing prototype will have the best face impact, face to path, ground contact which in turn means better distance, accuracy and consistency.
- The testing prototype then goes through the Tru-Fit blueprint process to measure every single detail of it’s specification.
- Your clubs are built with our Tru-Fit building process to match the exact specification of the prototype club (see service and pricing page).
- The turnaround time after our fitting to getting your clubs is usually about 10-14 business days.
- You will be asked to take your newly Tru-Fit custom clubs to play another 5 rounds of golf, using the data collection scorecards (link) or Arccos.
- We will then schedule a follow-up session (included in club purchase) to do a full gaping and dynamic lie angle adjustment session on FlightScope and also troubleshoot any areas that you have noticed to be a bit off.
- An on-course follow up assessment (green fee not included) may be done if required.
- Then play another 5 rounds, track your performance and see your scores become lower!
If you have more questions, please see our FAQ page.
It’s a lot but trust us, this process (performed for Tour players) will determine the best performing clubs for you and ensure your clubs are built to perform as expected. Next time you play you won’t be second guessing your clubs. Now get out there, play with more confidence and enjoy the game more with your fully and truly Custom Fitted and Built clubs.
View here for information on fees and pricing.
Tom Wishon 12 Specifications of club fitting
Tom Wishon 12 Myth
Tom Wishon GolfWRX Custom fitting articles
MGS shorter driver test
GolfWRX fitting experience with Tom Wishon